Marathon Eryri complies with the UK Athletics rules:
- Marathon runners must be at least 18 years old on the race day.
- Participants must start the marathon during an official start and reach the point off at Snowdon Ranger Hostel Youth by 15:30.
- Any participant uncertain of their physical ability to participate in a full marathon should seek medical advice from a GP before the event.
- No aids, such as skate rolling shoes, baby launchers, line blades, Nordic sticks, bicycles or other non-official wheeled vehicles are allowed on the course.
- No animals are allowed on the course.
- All participants must write their names and details of any health or medication problems on the back of the race number, which must be unfolded, which should be visible on the front of the runner throughout the race.
- Marathon Eryri reserves the right to refuse access to anyone who declares false information on their application form, not making the required payment, or otherwise fails to meet the stated entry requirements.
- Participants participate on their own initiative and a disclaimer must waive all claims against Marathon Eryri and any party acting on its behalf is completed by all candidates.
- All participants must wear a bib chip so that they can be included in the official results via chip timing.
- By participating, all participants confirm that they are satisfied with their names and any photographs or photographs taken during their marathon involvement to be used to publicise the marathon.
- All participants must acknowledge and agree that personal information (including medical information recorded on my race number or collected by medical staff may be stored during or after the Event) is stored, used and disclosed by Marathon Eryri in connection with the organisation, the promotion and administration of the Event and for the collection of statistical information.
- If a participant becomes ill during or after the Event and / or being addressed or medical treatment either by a medical incident, an Event medic or any doctor or hospital, they must authorize such persons to provide details to the Medical Director of Marathon Eryri or others authorized by him (including details of medical treatment).
- Marathon Officers reserve, at its absolute discretion, the right to modify, attach or omit all of the Official Rules.
- Participants will be bound by any adjustment or annex of the Official Rules issued prior to the Marathon.
- In accordance with UK Athletic rules, any runners wear devices that need headsets that will run the risk of exclusion. This is a safety issue as the race is run on open roads.
- Places are non refundable and deferrals are not offered. Runners may exchange numbers or make amendments to their details up to and including September 30th 2023. After this date no further changes may be made.
- Runners must run wearing their own race number. Any runner found to be wearing another person’s number will be disqualified.
- Failure to follow these Official Rules, as it can be amended, results in an immediate ban and the loss of any prize money.